Taipei leg of Tibetan Olympics torch relay
TAIPEI, Taiwan, 24 February 2008 — The Tibetans in Taipei, in collaboration with the Taiwanese Friends of Tibet, are organizing on Sunday, 24 February, a symbolic Tibetan Olympic Torch Relay in front of the Taiwan Democracy Memorial Hall.
The Taipei leg of the Tibetan Olympics torch relay is led by Miss Tibet 2006 Tsering Chungtak. The worldwide Tibetan Olympics torch relay, which started in Delhi, India, on 30 January 2008, will go to over 10 cities on five continents before arriving back in Dharamshala, India in May.
Slated to be held from 15-25 May (much ahead of the Beijing Olympics in August), Tibetan Olympics is an initiative of a group of Tibetan youth to express the Tibetan love for sport, as well as to mobilize international support for the Tibetan struggle for freedom.
The Tibetan Olympics will not only offer the young Tibetans a platform to enjoy the spirit of Olympics, but showcase the Tibetan people's right to national identity.
Contact:[an error occurred while processing this directive]
More about the Taipei leg
- The event
- Press release: Taipei leg of Tibetan Olympics torch relay
- News: Taipei Torch Relay in the media
- Gallery: Photos of the Taipei Torch Relay
More about Tibetan Olympics
- The Event: Schedule, activities, participants
- Press: Tibetan Olympics press releases
- Torch Route Organisers: Contact info
- News: Tibetan Olympics in the media
- About the Tibetan Olympics
- Gallery: Tibetan Olympics photos
- Tibetan Olympics at Wikipedia
- Tibetan Olympics at Google
Our official carrier is Himalaya Tours and Travels
Media persons can contact them for accommodation and transportation arrangements.