Tibetan Olympics Torch makes its mark in McLeod
MCLEOD GANJ, India, 10 March 2008 — The fourth leg of the Tibetan Olympics Torch Relay March will be a part of the 49th anniversary of the Tibetan National Uprising Day.
The torch will be lit at the Tsug La Khang (Main Temple) after the official function of the Tibetan Government-in-Exile.
Tibetan youth with their faces painted in the colours of the Tibetan flag, will be the first torch-bearers in the McLeod Ganj leg of the relay.
The torch relay will join the Tibetan Uprising Demonstration's march from Tsug La Khang to Kacheri in Dharamshala, covering about six kilometres.
The Tibetan Olympics 2008 is an expression of the Tibetan love and enthusiasm for sports. Since Tibetans will not have representation in the Beijing Olympics, the Tibetan Olympics will be a perfect platform for Tibetans to show their talents in sports, and join in the international spirit of the Olympic Games.
We wish the Beijing Olympics all success, and at the same time hope that it will be conducted in the free and fair atmosphere that goes along with the aspirations of true sportsmanship.
The Tibetan Olympics Torch will travel around the world, passing through five continents over the next two months. The next stop for the torch will be Tokyo, on 16 March.
Contact:[an error occurred while processing this directive]
More about the McLeod Ganj leg
- The event
- Press release: Mcleod Ganj leg of Tibetan Olympics torch relay
- News: Mcleod Ganj Torch Relay in the media
- Gallery: Photos of the McLeod Ganj March 10 Torch Relay
More about Tibetan Olympics
- The Event: Schedule, activities, participants
- Press: Tibetan Olympics press releases
- Torch Route Organisers: Contact info
- News: Tibetan Olympics in the media
- About the Tibetan Olympics
- Gallery: Tibetan Olympics photos
- Tibetan Olympics at Wikipedia
- Tibetan Olympics at Google
Our official carrier is Himalaya Tours and Travels
Media persons can contact them for accommodation and transportation arrangements.
Feel free to print posters and make t-shirts!
- View the Tibetan Olympics poster
- Download the poster [ Print size – 1678846 ]
- Download the logo [ Print size – 202601 ]